26 August, 2005

Friday 26/8/2005

Yesterday I went for a run in my lunch break. I followed the course used for the Pricewaterhouse Coopers Coolnight Classic which will be coming up again in November. the run took me through the City gardens, accross the Goodwill Bridge, along Kangaroo Point, over the Story Bridge and back to the Gardens.

Approaching the Story Bridge from the south means that not only do you have the steady incline to the centre of the Bridge but you have the very long approach to the Bridge as well. This fact can take runners in a race like the PwC classic by surprise.

It was a good run and I worked up a fair old sweat.

Tomorrow I will be helping out with the Springfield Lakes fun run. 5k and 2K events to which to hope to get 2000 runners and walkers. This may be the last as the local council is making it almost impossible to meet there requirements for an event like this.

No comments: