07 August, 2005

Sunday 7/8/2005

What a beautiful day! It was great to be out there enjoying with so many thousands of others. I had a really enjoyable run. It was my slowest Bridge to Brisbane so far at 54 mins. My first was 52 minutes and last year I did 48:23. Unfortuneately there will be no record of my time this year as I left my Chip at home.....bugger. Never mind. Worse things happen.

I was running along and saw Clairie up ahead and just couldn't resist the opportunity to give her a big cheer.....I just happened to do it right in her ear. Sorry Clairie.

As I neared the finish I caught up with CR Penny from Woodenbong. We crossed the line together. So whatever gun time Penny got is what I got too since I was chipless.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Eddie! Eddie! You forgot your timing chip & frightened the life out of Clairie? Both on the same day, same race?!!! That's a 'winner' if ever there was one!
Congratulations!

Clairie said...

Eddie you make me laugh so much. Thanks for interrupting the solitude with your cheers, made me grin for the remaining few km till the end. But if anyone else asks - you frightened me witless.

How about the looks on the faces when I swore like a brickie at you!!! *grin*

Robert Song said...

Good to see you after the run.

That 48:23 from last year is a big effort.

It is a great fun event but not really the race to be looking for PBs in anyway I feel unless you get there real early and get up the front.