21 August, 2005

Sunday 21/8/2005

Noosa Half
I ran my third Noosa Half today. I set out to do 1:35 and was happy to achieve my goal. It was 5 minutes slower than last year but last year I had been training.

It takes me about 10k's to really get into the race. I wasn't feeling to good at first. My legs felt like lead weights. The second part of the race went well and I reeled in and passed a few of those who had passed me earlier. I had enough left in the tank to put on a bit of a sprint for the finish.

It was a great day. For those who had put in the training the conditions were perfect for PB's and they were abounding.

My results from the Noosa Half webb site: 1:35:34, placed 160 out of 774 overall and 11 out of 59 for the M50-54 category.

2 comments:

Robert Song said...

You keep pulling out these good performances and still claim to be doing no training.

Well done!

Ewen said...

Good on you Eddie. A bit of training and you'll be back into the 1:20-somethings. These days I dream of 1:35!