02 August, 2005

Tuesday 2/8/2005

Yes Lucky Legs, I am a bit slow lately.

On Sunday 31/7/2005 I ran in the Ipswich Park 2 Park. It was originally planned as a Half marathon on an A to B course, one Park to another but the Ipswich City Council wouldn't grant some permits so the course was latered to a 5k circuit in and around 2 parks, Queens Park and Limestone Park in the heart of Ipswich.

The course environs were very pleasent..... but the hill, they were something else! There was no 'flat'. You either going up a hill or down a hill. It was tough. Howerver, strange to relate, I enjoyed it and will definitely do it again. The organisation was great. There so many water tables with such enthusiastic attendants I felt mean turning them down so I tried to give everyone a turn.

I havn't done much training since the Gold Coast, so I went into the race with the desire to enjoy it and do my best. I was not disappointed with my time of 1:40:42. A valuable lesson I learnt from the GC was to run my own race and not be overly influenced by how other runners are performing in the race. I did run my own race at Ipswich and I think it worked very well for me.

A lot of people did pass me in the early stages but I manged to reel a few of those in. All in all a great run and I look forward to the next.

Bridget to Brisbane on Sunday...can't wait.

2 comments:

Robert Song said...

That time is not too shabby especially for a hilly course. And good to hear you enjoyed it as well.

Unknown said...

I didn't mean slow as in running, Eddie! I was anxious to read your account of that run...good on you for running your own race! Makes a big difference to everything, especially enjoying the race as well as improving times; have a great one on Sunday & don't forget Chickybabe is always waiting to read your report!!