29 September, 2005

IncreMENTAL

I've been preaching about incremental improvement and believe that without super efforts, consistant training can gradully reap rewards, if you are patient. This doesn't suit a lot of people because they are keen to see more rapid gains and reap their rewards sooner.

I went out on my slightly changed circuit this morning feeling very slow. Last might I finished moving furniture and lugged cartons of tiles and bags of adhesive down the front yard to the house in preparation for the tiler to start this morning. I was thinking while I was running that having don the circiuit in 37:49 yeaterday, I would not be disappointed with 40 mins today considering how I felt. So I when I arrived home in a lather of sweat, the humidity already rising, I was shocked by my time of 36:49. These are the moments I enjoy because they really give me a boost.

1 comment:

Clairie said...

Bloody great effort Eddie :)

I love those runs where you don't let the watch dictate to you and you end up very pleasantly suprised with the result.

Looking forward to seeing you Sunday.