19 September, 2005

Monday 19/9/2005

My running buddy rang on Saturday and said she was too sick to do a long run so I opted to go to West End after all and do the 14K Championship with the club. Thinking that the race started at 6:30 I thought I would get there about 6:00 and warm up. As I was parking the car I saw a crowd at the starting line and thought Uh Oh! As I was signing in the strating gun went I had to sprint to catch up.

Gold! Gold! Gold! I won my age category (50-54). I had such a good run after a year Horribilus. 1:00:30 av 4:19 per K. I was happy with that. It must have been the sprint start.

4 comments:

Tesso said...

Congrats on the win Eddie. Sounds like you're back!

Horrie said...

You need to run late more often Eddie. It seems to have got the legs moving a bit quicker. Good to see you achieve a result you're happy with. Even though most would be happy with some of your other efforts this year.

Robert Song said...

Good run.

You always say your not happy with your training but manage to pull out decent performances in races.

Maybe your training is better suited to you than you think.

Unknown said...

Wonderful news, Eddie! Congratulations! Isn't it a thrill when you run & then win somethng for doing it!! Good on you!