25 September, 2005

Sunday 25/9/2005

Due other committments I ran from home this morning instead of going in to Park Road. I ran a circuit I haven't run for a very long time. From my home in Bellbird Park I ran out along the Augusta Parkway, Past the Brookwater Golf Course to Springfield then through to Camira and Gailes, down to the Ipswich Motorway, along to Goodna and then up the hill to Bellbird Park and home. 20K's all up in 1:50. A nice steady enjoyable run. I carried a water bottle and had a Gu at about 10K. I wasn't bothered by any Magpies I am pleased to say.

A lot of the bush areas that I run through are gradually being tken over by housing estates. Springfield is the fastest growing residential area in Australia. Though it is part of the Ipswich City, I don't think it will be long before it is classified as a city in its own right. Already it boasts a University Campus (University of Southern Queensland) and construction of a large town centre, including a high rise Office building has commenced.

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Sounds like a great run. I did the Springfield fun run a few years ago but haven't been back to the area since, betcha its changed a little.

Happy to hear it was magpie free :-)