19 April, 2006

Cool Weather Runner

The weather in Canberra was ideal for running for me as was borne out by my better than expected marathon time. During my training campaign for Canberra I was running through the hottest part of a South East Queensland summer. Running times for my regular 12K undulating circuit ranged from 57 minutes to 1 hr 4 minutes.

Over the Easter break I was looking at some of the data from my Garmin Forerunner 201 and noted that some of the better times for the circuit were down round the 54 min mark. These were back in September 2004. So I set myself a challenge: to get back to, at least sometimes, running the 12k faster now that the cooler weather is returning.

Easter Monday: 58:10
Tuesday: Rest (stuffed up with a head cold)
Wednesday: 54:37 (Yahoo!)

3 comments:

Tesso said...

Looks like you have already achieved your goal Eddie. Too easy!

I can see the Gold Coast is gonna be a good one for you this year. Can't wait!

Clairie said...

Don't go getting faster on me Eddie :)

Ewen said...

54:37 - now, that's a cool time! Clairie will see how a fast marathon feels. ;-)