02 November, 2006

Another Cool Night Classic

Tonight I and 4,699 others ran/walked the Cool Night Classic. The event grows in popularity each year. This was my 6th, and the 5th aniversary of my first ever fun run. The distance has been measured as 5.13K and some of the path is very narrow and becomes exceedingly congested. As a matter of fact it is congested right fromthe start. I found it hard to get any sort of break. At one point when I did, I almost ran slap bang ito a lamp post. I said a naughty word.

Early in the race I saw Clairie run past me. Damn! It was hard to keep sight of her on the crowded path. Eventually however..................... well I have to make the most of it while I still can.........I passed her :-)

I crossed the finish line in 21:55. (2005 21:08, 2004 21:04).

4 comments:

Tesso said...

Happy Anniversary for last night :-)

Clairie said...

Yeah Happy Anniversay.

And *shakes hands* well done on flying past again.

One day I will be waiting...and you won't suspect a thing and I will fly past and you WON'T be able to catch me.

A girl has gotta have her dreams...

Ewen said...

Good one Eddie! You've got to keep these young guns in their place for as long as possible.

Wash your mouth out in soap for saying 'bugger'!

Toasty said...

I know what you mean .... Clairie is getting faster all the time.