06 November, 2006

A Sunday Outing

My running buddy, Tegwen, had a birthday on Saturday so she reckoned she got to choose the run. She came up with a plan to run from Park Road along Milton Road to the Western Freeway. then take the bike path to Jindalee, onto Seventeen Mile Rocks Road and accross to Oxley Road. From there along Oxley Rd to the Indooroopilly bridge, through Indooroopilly via Lambert Rd then through Toowong and along the river back to Park Road.

I measured it on Google Earth and came up with a distance of 27.35K. I thought that was an OK distance but none of our other buddies wanted to go that far so Tegwen & I set off at 5:00 AM yesterday. It was a beautiful morning for running and it was nice to be going somewher different for a change. We had no idea where water might be available so had to take a supply with us. My 1.4 L Camelbak came in handy.

It proved to be a good circuit with enough hills to make it challenging. We will be keeping it in mind for marathon training.

My Garmin measured the distance at 27.7K...pretty close to the Google Earth measure. the run took us 2:25. I was happy with that.

4 comments:

Ewen said...

Being from south of the border, I've got no idea where the run goes Eddie, but it sounds like a nice one :)

Tesso said...

I've covered that territory. I don't mind Oxley Rd (except for the lack of taps) but found the bike path beside the freeway a bit yuk.

How cool would it be to run through Seventeen Mile Rocks in the middle of summer and drop into the Rocks Riverside Park for a quick dip :-)

Clairie said...

You ran past my home and didn't stop in for a chat? how rude!!!

Great to see you out there running hard and long Eddie. Is that Canberra Marathon on your calendar for 2007?

TD said...

That's a great effort, Eddie. I think I have forgotten what it is like to run that far! To take up Ewen's point, I think is also a very nice run from what I remember of that part of Brissie.