06 April, 2007

Good Friday

I took my grandchildren, Jordan 9 and Georgia 8 to the Easter Egg Run today at West End. Steve, the Footman, Manning and his wife Margo from the Intraining Running Centre organise this event each year. There is a 10K, 3K and a kids 1K plus an egg & spoon race and an egg throwing competion and also a choclate easter egg hunt. It's a real fun family time. Jordan & Georgia love it. Jordan ran in the 1k, his first, and finished in 5:o5. I was very proud of him.

While I ran the 10K Jordan and Georgia walked the 3K with some friends. It was so good to run in a race. It is amazing who the competitive spirit kicks in and carries you along. I said before the race that I would be happy to run at 5:00 Min pace. At the start line I stood back in the middle of the crowd and just started at what I thought was a nice easy pace. At the first K marker I checked my Garmin which beeped the 1K at about the same time and was surprised to see 4:15. I thought something must be wrong with the Garmin. I just kept on going and finished the first 5K in 21:18. The Garmin was telling the truth. I had guy running on my heels in the 6th K and ran that in 3:54. I was very happy when I finished the race in 42:10, average pace 4:13.

Happy Easter everyone.

5 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Great to get the grandkids involved in that run Eddie. 5:05 for his first 1k is great. But Jordan does benefit from having good genes!

Have a nice week.

Tesso said...

I think we should rename it to Great Friday :-)

Well done yesterday to both you and Jordan. You may have beat me in the 10k but I out-egged you :-)

Superflake said...

Great run on a good friday.

TD said...

Nice post Eddie and nice run from you too. Very zippy effort there and it is a good pointer for Canberra.

It's also great to see a running event combined with family at this time of year.

I might be in touch before Canberra but would like to wish you all the best for the run. I am sure you will run well and I am very much looking forward to your race report.

Horrie said...

Sounds like a good tune up for the big dance next week. Look forward to seeing your big smile again in Canberra.