10 April, 2007

Home Alone

I had some time home alone yesterday, a rare event, and though there are lots of things screaming at me to be done, I got to thinkng about how nice the weather was and how I hadn't run since Friday, and how I supposed to have done a 16K on Sunday, and how it would be nice to go for a run. So I decided to head for Park Road and run along the River to New Farm and back. Mind you, I started my run at 12:45 PM...yes, the middle of the day.

There was a nice breeze coming off the River which at the start lulled me into thinking I might stay less than hot during the run. I didn't feel too bad until I got to the floating walkway, then it was full sun and I began to heat up very quickly. I began to slow a bit. I kept going and turned round at 8K, according to my Garmin, along the path at New Farm not far past the City Cat jetty. I took it easy on the way back until I was exiting the City Gardens and heading along under the riverside express way when I was feeling OK again and lifted my pace a bit. My splits for the last 4 K were 4:50, 4:41, 4:33 and 4:18. I averaged 4:52 for the 16K and was back at Park Road in 1:18.

I just have to cool my heels till Sunday now. I just do some short runs, probably my 7K circuit, to keep things ticking over.

5 comments:

Tesso said...

Nice fast finish there Eddie. Remember that feeling on Sunday when you're just 4k from the line.

Toasty said...

Tapering is a strange time and good to see you are right on track and feeling good. That was the perfect 16K, not long now.

Peterhorse said...

how's the serenity EB? you are all set by the looks. enjoy.

Robert Song said...

Been missing the hot weather that much, you had to go running at lunch time. Taper madness.

Still you are looking good for that PB.

Ewen said...

Just keep things ticking over Eddie.

That 42:13 shows you're set for a great marathon. We've even organised Brissie-like weather for you ;) No need for jumpers or gloves :)

See you on the weekend.