13 April, 2007

Last Post

Last Post before Canberra. How the weeks have flown. My journey to the 2007 Canberra Marathon has been different from any other because I have put more effort into preparation, this however has been marred by sickness which certainly robbed me of confidence, if nothing else.

Since feeling better, I have put in a couple of good solid runs which have pleased me greatly. My 10K at the Easter Egg Run was a good example.

I am really looking forward to being in Canberra again and catching up with so many running friends, even if just to say thanks for all the encouragement and support. I am also looking forward to the race. I am experiencing the pre-race jitters. I try to relax but find myself again mulling over some aspect of the run.

This morning's last run was a very easy and pleasant 7K. I didn't wear a watch and was not at all concerned about pace or time. It was a matter of keeping the legs ticking over.

I was very upset to read Robert Song's bad news. It is such a shame that you won't be with us in Canberra Robert Song.

All the best everyone and thanks for sharing my journey to the 2007 Canberra Marathon. All the best Scott for your Nagano Marathon and Tuggeranong Don for your Boston Marathon.

7 comments:

Peterhorse said...

Best wishes for Sunday EB! You should feel very very confident - the big work has been done. You are fit, strong and better prepared than ever - looking forward to hearing all about it next week.

Best wishes! PH

Mat said...

Rob, all the best on Sunday. You've worked very hard and will do great!

Samurai Running said...

Cool Eddie!

I'm sure it will be a great marathon for you. All the best with it.

I have learned a lot from following your blog. In fact between your blog and Eagles blog, you two covered just about every aspect of training for a marathon.

Now it's just up to everyone to finish off. The hard bit.

Thanks again and enjoy your exeperience.

Superflake said...

Good luck Eddie. Hope you run well as the preparation has been really good for this one. See you on Saturday.

Tesso said...

See you in the south Eddie. I want to wish you luck in person, that way I get a hug :-)

Ewen said...

See you tomorrow Eddie. Yikes! That's only an hour away!

Don't worry about the hug. Just give me a punch in the guts.

TD said...

You will probably see this after your Canberra run but hello from Boston Eddie. Thanks, as always, for your best wishes to me.

I have been following your fortunes for some time now and I know that no matter how you run on Sunday you will be giving your best effort. You have such a wonderful attitude to running and I admire you very much for it.

Look forward to reading your race report with much interest and sorry again that I wont see you in Canberra this year.