01 April, 2007

A Beautiful Sunday

What a glorius morning it was this morning.

After having had to take myself off to the Doctor on Thursday with infected sinuses I was feeling a bit miserable. The course of antibiotics and nasal spray seem to be doing the trick so this morning I was feeling much better.

I hadn't run since Wednesday so was rearing to go this morning. The program called for 26 but I ended up with only 24K. I reckoned that was OK. What was also OK was my average pace of 4:42 mins per K. My last K was 4:09.

With Canberra now only 2 weeks away I am glad to have had such a good run this morning. It has given me quite a boost.

10 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Great Eddie

That sounds like just the ticket to get you back on track. I have suffered from sinus problems to so I feel your pain, they can be nasty.

Stay healthy!

Superflake said...

Nice run Eddie.

Toasty said...

It is all go, be confident.

Ewen said...

That's just what the Doctor ordered Eddie - nice run and finish. You'll be totally healthy in a couple of weeks. Don't forget your tracksuit, gloves and beanie for the early morning warm-up :)

Tesso said...

Fantastic stuff Eddie. Looks like the few days off did you no harm at all.

How good does that fast finish make you feel!

Unknown said...

Great work Eddie. Sounds like it's all coming together very nicely for you.

JD

plu said...

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for the comment. I might use it in a reference:-)

It is easy to have all these thoughts but harder when they are in a blog and you put them out there.

I cannot go to all the races as much as I would like. I weighed up my mental and physical side, the long terms effects of running it, the impacts on my two main goals left for the year (PMC and and HIM triathlon), finances and DTI and the decision was easy. Well sort of. IT has taken off some pressure and I can just run how I feel ...like I did for 8km this arvo.

Thanks again,

cheers Plu

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're good & ready for Canberra, Eddie. Best of luck & will miss not being there this year.

Peterhorse said...

all set for a bi assoult in Canberra Rob - well done!

Eagle said...

Eddie,
Keep up the quality work and have a genuine taper. Good luck with your preparation and see you at the start.