21 February, 2010

A Hug from Tesso

During my long run yesterday, I was fortunate to bump into Tesso who gave me a hug and some encouragement.

I hadn't planned on 34K when I set out at 4:40AM from Park Road but that what I ended up doing. I was pleased with my 5:06 average pace. I am breaking in my new shoes and, as always happens to me with new shoes, the soles of my feet become very sore and painful. I have to persevere though, because I want them well and truly ready for London.

Garmin Connect -
Activity Details for Sunday Long Run from Park Road Milton

2 comments:

Ewen said...

5:06 ks for 34 is very fast,
At that pace Tigger wouldn't last.
But if you go swimming in the pool,
She's sure to make you look a fool.

Tigger said...

Ewen you are sweet (?)
And never miss a beat
Another funny rhyme
About Tigger's poor time.

I hear you ask
Is Eddie up for the task?
As we head off for a tunnel run
Will we have fun?

Eddie says I can take heart
He will see me at the start!
And as a true friend
He'll be there at the end.

Otherwise he won't get to see
Tigger's bad knee
It will be a sight
After 10ks without sunlight!