27 March, 2007

Couldn't Help Myself

I just couldn't help myself. I just had to give myself a test. After my long slow run on Sunday and my interupted training I thought I would put some effort into my 12K circuit this morning as a bit of a test run. I have been pleased to read how well others Canberra Marathoners have been running recently, but after my bout of sickness, was feeling a bit edgyabout my own fitness. However, this morning I was able to complete the undulating 12K in 54 mins at an average pace of 4:30. Now I am feeling less edgy.

A bit of trivia....how is this for coincidence. In the 2005 Canberra Marathon my bib number was 187 and I finished in 187th place. This year my bib number is again 187.

9 comments:

Superflake said...

A good omen then Eddie with the number. Nice pace on the run too.

Samurai Running said...

Freaky stuff Eddie!

If your going to be "edgy" it shouldn't be about your form as it seems great to me. But you should be worried about being hit by a bus. Because, I think, "187" is also the bus that runs from Parliment House to Red Hill?

Take care

Eddie

Tesso said...

Looking good Eddie, looking good :-)

Ewen said...

Maybe it means you'll finish in 187 minutes?

Glad the harder run settled you down a bit Eddie. The last long run was good, all things considered!

TD said...

That's a tremendous 12k hit out and I imagine just what the doctor ordered after your set back. Really good to see Rob.

Ever read the Celestine Prophecy? Lot's of zany stuff in that about coincidences. Coincidences aren't necessarily coincidences and there could be some meaning behind those numbers. Ewen might be right.

Robert Song said...

Stop worrying Eddie. You are going to blitz it on the day.

Clairie said...

Canberra is certainly looking good. I have a feeling about this one!!!!

Cotton wool time now Eddie - just keep following the program and all will be well.

Horrie said...

Eddie, you have got to work on the mental side of your running. One bad run doesn't mean you aren't running well. Looking over your training through this program, you have had so many great runs and a few duds. Trust that all the good runs are going to translate into a good run in Canberra. You are in great form and I am expecting you to run sub 3:15. You can do it Eddie. Believe in yourself!

Robert Song said...

Get well soon. Any missed training now will not make much difference on race day if you shake off the virus in time.