25 January, 2007

Glad I am not Fast

After 10K steady followed by 6 x 100m strides on Tuesday, 18K on Wednesday - I think my longest ever midweek run - the program today called for 10K including 10 x 1 min hills with jog down recovery. Why am I am glad I am not fast? If I was I would have to run further than the 220m I managed in 1 minute. I stuck with the 220m but by the 10th it was taking a tad longer than 1 minute. After the warm up and the hills I had done just over 6K's. My last 4K's were not exactly fast.

Have a great Australia Day holiday. A rest day for me. Saturday will be 8k and the big one on Sunday..34K.

4 comments:

Superflake said...

It's fast enough Eddie.

TD said...

I'm just catching up with my blog reading after my latest trip and sorry I have taken a while to read yours Eddie.

I still can't believe you are in the 55 category. You sure don't look like it and neither does your running. Things seems to be on track for Canberra, Rob, and you are well ahead of me in terms of getting those long runs in.

Ewen said...

Good luck for the big one Eddie.

Another advantage of not being fast is we get to spend more time in the great Aussie bush doing our long runs :)

Robert Song said...

Eddie, I have just read a recent comment of yours on Ewens blog.

I don't think doing recovery runs at a slow pace is in conflict with a passion to reach a new PB. In fact I believe it aids in building the perfect base which you can use to reach that PB.

By the way, what is that PB time you are after?