06 January, 2007

Nice quiet Saturday

I am enjoying a nice quiet Saturday at home and looking forward, as always, to my Sunday run. Though there is a 10K run at West End with the Brisbane Road Runners, I am opting out and heading to Park Road for a longer run with some running buddies. The long runs are crucial training for the Canberra Marathon in April.

I haven't been running a lot at West End because I am having real trouble running the 5K loop. It never used to bother me but since the club has reversed the direction of the run I just don't seem to like it. I guess that sounds crazy. Also, Sunday is the only day I can do my long runs and need to stick to my program. This doesn't always fit in with the Road Runners program.

I still love to go to West End to catch up with the wonderful people there and will try to take advantage of suitable races there because of the great benefit derived from running in races.

3 comments:

Ewen said...

It doesn't sound crazy to a person who does a lot of left hand turns on the track ;)

Have a great long run tomorrow Eddie!

TD said...

No doubt you made the right decision there Eddie as the long runs will be crucial. I am facing a similar delimma in needing to go beyond what my running buddies are doing as I prepare for Canberra.

Tesso said...

It does become a bit of a dillema at times, BRRC or a long run ... or a rest.

There needs to be one more day in the weekend, that would solve all our problems.