28 January, 2007

Ah! That's Better

After my shocker long run last week...31K in 2:48... I am pleased to report that today I felt much better and manged 34K in 2:50. That's an average of 5 Min K's. It was hard work. My running buddy, Tegwen, and I left Park Road at 4:45AM and heade along the river to the Goodwill Bridge. As Susan Hobson's program asks for the long runs to include some hills we decided that to go out and back along the river would not meet that requirement. We therefore decided to cross the bridge and head for Dutton Park, Fairfield, Yeronga, Tennyson, Chelmer, Indooroopilly, then to the University where we did a loop to ensure we would make up the 34K's. We then headed over the new bridge to Dutton Park and back to Southbank, over the Goodwill Bridge again and along the river to Park Road. There are a few hills in that little lot I can tell you.

It was a good feeling to have completed the run and put in the effort to tackle the hills. So that is 86K's for the week and another week that I have stuck to Susan's program.

My Marathon PB is 3:18:40..Sydney 2004. If I can better that in Canberra I willbe happy.

9 comments:

TD said...

Fantastic run, Rob, it really is. To do a training run of that distance at a consistent 5 min pace and with the hills takes some doing. Good on you.

Superflake said...

Great run Eddie. Good to see the program is working well for you so far. Hope you can knock off that old PB.

Ewen said...

That's a great long run Eddie. Glad you managed to find some hills. I'd say a time well under 3:15 is on the cards, not just a PB.

Robert Song said...

If you can manage 5 min pace for long runs at this stage in your preparation, then I would have thought sub 3:18 is certainly doable. I think the relatively cooler morning would have been a big help as well over last Sunday.

Clairie said...

Eddie I am so proud of you. Well done for running that distance at that pace!

Reading your blog makes me so sad....I didn't realise how far behind in my training I was compared to you! Now I will never be able to catch up :)

I honestly believe that you and JohnnyDark will do really from from keeping to this program. It looks great and certainly seems to be working for you as well.

Fabulous!

Peterhorse said...

WOW! Great run Rob. You're almost there mate - i bet you feel like you could reach out and touch that PB right now. The run you did is my regular track for medium to long runs, so i know those "little" hills you're referring to - not little at all...5min k's over that route is a race not a training run!! Can't wait to see the result at Canberra.

Tesso said...

Its exciting see you do so well Eddie. That Sydney course is so tough, if you can do 3:18 there you've gotta have a PB in the bag the way you are going.

Horrie said...

You are on fire Eddie and will smash the PB. It sounds as though sticking to Susan Hobson's program is paying big dividends.

Unknown said...

Excellent effort Eddie. Looks like Sue's programme is starting to yield results for us.
I worked through 35kms on Sunday in just over 3hrs, albeit on a pretty flat course.

Hope you're making the most of our 'easy' week.