20 February, 2007

75Ks to go & 36Years to celebrate

Well that is 25K completed out of the scheduled 100 for the week. Yesterday was 12K easy. I love that run. Today was 13K including 3 x 7 min Tempo with 3 min jog between. I managed to average 4:17 per K for the Tempo runs. I found the 3rd set very tough. The undulations don't help. After the last set I was struggling to jog. I averaged 4:58 for the full 13K.

Tomorrow is 20K. I'll have to get an early night tonight and set the alarm for an earlier start.

Today is Robyn and my wedding aniversary. We were marrried in 1971. So that is 36 years. Robyn said to me this morning "How about another 36?". She didn't have to ask.

7 comments:

speedygeoff said...

Happy Anniversary! Jenny and I have also been married for 36 years. 37 comes up in August... musn't forget.

Tesso said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Robyn :-)

Robert Song said...

Tremendous achievement Eddie. There are not many who can do what you are doing. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication. You are a fine example for us fellow runners.

Oh and well done on the 36 years of marriage as well ;-)

Eagle said...

Eddie :

4.17's sound terrific. I was married in 1977 but meet my wife while we were at Univesity in 1969 - yes it was a long time before we walked down the isle but were busy with uni and starting careers.

Congratulations on the achievement.

Ewen said...

Fantastic Eddie. You're a lucky man.

Peterhorse said...

Congratulations R&R - talk about a child bride!....and groom of course :-)
speedy tempo session too!

Clairie said...

Another reason you are a great inspiration to me.

Congratulations to you both on 36 years of love, compromise and good times.