09 February, 2007

Hanging in there

Well I don't know whetheror not I am doing Susan's program justice but I am sticking with it. the Easy week seems way behind me now with the K's for this week set to hit 85 after the 28 on Sunday. I found this week s Tempo run hard going and the fartleks a challenge, but always in the back of my mind I keep wondering if I am really working hard enough. At the end of the day the race result will tell. On the other hand I want to keep on enjoying running, so I don't want the training to kill that joy. I hope I have the balance right.

Ahhh! the burdens we bear.

7 comments:

Robert Song said...

I have looked at her program and if you are following it, then you should not be worried about training hard enough. It looks extremely tough to me.

Clairie said...

Eddie, follow the program and the results will come.

Don't forget to include the joy and sense of achievement that comes from 'following the program'.

All too often we make adjustments and try to fit in local events or races and even sometimes with what our friends are doing (I'm guilty as charged) so it is a big deal to follow a program as prescribed and get to your goal fit and uninjured.

Enjoy the journey...not just the outcome.

Tesso said...

I think my pursuit of fun and joy when running gets in the way of my achieving goals. I wouldn't have it any other way :-)

Having said that I sure admire your drive, determition and discipline in the lead up to Canberra.

Toasty said...

i have the same thoughts .... i feel it is the challenge of distance running .... try smiling when you run

Matty said...

You're looking good Eddie - stick with the program. Its normal to feel like you are.

TD said...

No doubt you have got the balance right, Eddie. Your mind seems a little ambiguous, which means it is sitting on the fence. Tell it to move into the positive zone.

Ewen said...

As Clairie mentions, the disipline of following a program can be tough at times. However, there can be as much joy in following a program, as in just doing whatever you feel like.

I'm sure it'll come together on the day and you'll have a very happy and successful marathon.