18 February, 2007

A Slight Deviation

This morning I had a social outing with some friends. I did a 3 k run as part a team effort in the short Triathlon at Bribie Island. I also did a 4k easy run prior to the event to loosen up after having run 34K on Saturday.

Our team came 6th out of 8 teams in our category. However, even though I was a bit slow at 13:15 for the 3k, I was 1st in our category for the run and 3rd out of the 24 teams over all categories.

Yesterday the program called for 32K but due to a miscalculation on my part we ended up doing 34. This we did at an average pace of 5:05. The weather wasn't too bad but still quite humid. Though I kept the fluids and gels up I was still very thirsty when we finished.

I was surprised to be be able to run at all this morning. The fact that I could is, I feel sure, due to Susan's excellent training program (or I didn't work hard enough yesterday).

I finished the week, today, with a total of 95K. Next week......100K!!!!!

6 comments:

Toasty said...

100K means you are getting down to the business end of the program. Keep up the good efforts.

Tesso said...

Woohoo - 100k! And it looks like being a nice wettish coolish week. Good timing :-)

Robert Song said...

3k @ 4:24 is a good effort after 34k the previous day. Points to you being very strong in eight weeks time.

Ewen said...

Tough weekend Eddie - backing up with a race after that 34k! An extra 2k by mistake - bloody hell, next thing you'll be doing the Canberra 50k by mistake ;) Solid pace too - 5:05s is quick!

Peterhorse said...

like Brad Hodge, i'm sure you can feel that 100 just around the corner, why does 95 sound so much less when it's not?
great speed after a 34k run...and at 5:05's as well!

TD said...

Great stuff there Eddie again. Boy oh boy, you are getting the big ones tucked away nicely. And as the others are saying, consistent 5.05s over that distance is impressive. Fingers crossed for you mate.