25 February, 2007

A Ton of Fun

I don't recall having hit the Ton in a week before. Actually I got to 108K due to the back to front week end. Yesterday running buddy, Tegwen, and I set out from her place at Chelmer and followed exactly the same route as last Saturday. I was hoping for an improvement in time but only managed to cut 4 minutes which brought us home in 2:50. A 5:00 min per K average. I was well and truly spent and took a few hours to feel sort of normal again.

This morning I went along to Park Road at 5:30 to meet the usual crowd that run from there. The program only called for 8K (what should have been Saturday's run) but I ended up doing 16K at a nice recovery pace. Hence the 108K for the week.

This week Susan's program has scheduled an easy week, so back down to about 60K for the week. Then over the next three we build to a 100K in the third and the following three weeks we taper to the big race.

7 comments:

Robert Song said...

Gee only a 4 minute improvement in your longest ever week of training.
You certainly have high expectations Eddie.

I imagine you are looking forward to the 60 k week. You certainly have earnt it.

speedygeoff said...

You are training at a good pace, looks promising for a comfortably fast marathon.

Unknown said...

106kms this week for me after rolling through 35kms today in the fine company of Tesso, Clairie and Eagle.

And as Robert inferred I'm also looking forward to the 'easy' week coming up.

JD

Ewen said...

That's a good improvement and solid pace for a 34k run Eddie!

Well done on cracking the ton - enjoy next week's 60k :)

Tesso said...

Enjoy the easy week Eddie, you won't be getting another one until after Canberra :-)

Horrie said...

You are going from strength to strength Eddie. Enjoy the recovery week.

TD said...

I am flabbergasted Eddie that you did a 2.50 hour run on Saturday and then backed that up with a 16km run on Sunday. Man, that is one incredible weekend of running and says oodles about your current level of fitness.

As the others have said you can really enjoy the easy week - which incidentally is about the same as my max week at present due to my injury. Well done again, Rob.