10 March, 2007

Confused

I am confused about how all the training works and what improvement I should be expecting to see. I have been sticking to Susan Hobson's program like chewing gum under a shoe. I am pleased with how I feel and with my recovery after long sessions....but my times don't differ much from similar distances for the same period last year. I have to admit that, even though I work hard, I am not absolutely busting my gut. Though I must say that after hitting the final second in a hill session I can barley take another step. I guess that is almost gut busting.

I have a 34K'er again tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how I go.

2 comments:

Tesso said...

You are pleased now. You will be more than pleased come April 15th, just you wait and see.

Enjoy the 34k'er. This morn it was a couple of degrees less humid than yesterday. Hope the trend continues.

I see your friend Tegwen has signed up for the 50k. Not tempted to join her are you ;-)

Clairie said...

You can do it Eddie.

Amazing what difference you will feel when you do the taper and carbo load.

Hope the run yesterday went well - I certainly felt for you in this heatwave we had.