14 March, 2007

A Set Back

I have caught a cold and am feeling a bit miserable. I haven't run for 2 days :-( . Never mind, the rest has done my right knee a world of good. I will probably go out for an easy run tomorrow.

I have started using Google Reader to keep up with my blog reading. It is a really great system. It indicates who has new posts, then I just click on the post Title and it takes me to the Blog so I can leave a comment. I guess this is old news to you guys but I think it is terrific. I tried Bloglines but never had much success...not that I really persevered. Now I have no trouble keeping up with the Blogs. Thank you Mr. Google.

8 comments:

speedygeoff said...

Better now than later.

Thanks for the tip about Google Reader, I will try it. Bloglines has been .... something I have used.

Samurai Running said...

Yes getting a cold now is good as it lessens the chance of getting one the week before Canberra. I've caught two colds before races, both a few days before 10K races. Not something I'd recommend.

I've also just started using bloglines saving me sometime as I'm only looking at blogs that have posts.

Get well soon

Tesso said...

Its this stupid weather we've been having, sooooo hot out and then you have to sit in an air conditioned office all day. Well, that's what I'd be blaming.

Hope you feel better soon.

TD said...

I will send you some Vicks vapor rub and my best wishes your way Rob to hope you get over this one quickly. It is just about taper time too, so the rest will be perfect for you.

I've been using Bloglines for some time now without too many problems. Handy to know that Google has a similar system too.

Toasty said...

Perfect timing for an easy week. Fingers crossed but nothing to worry about now.

Ewen said...

I'm sure Susan will understand. Take it easy Eddie.

Might give Google Reader a go some time (if there's an easy way to get my 70-odd feeds over there). Sounds good.

Robert Song said...

Take care Eddie. I would not survive in Blogland with out Bloglines.

Peterhorse said...

BY now you are hopefully over the cold Rob. Hope so, it's frustrating and always too tempting to run on. I was told once that if it's neck up (only) a bit running is OK, but never if it's on the chest.
You can consider your immune system now trained as well :-)