21 March, 2007

Midweek 20K

Oh boy, I think my run on Sunday finally caught up with me. Yesterday I was supposed to do 5 x 4Min tempo runs but just couldn't get my legs to respond. I opted to just rum my 12K undulating circuit and allow my pace to improve as I warmed up. I ws surprised to finish with an average pace of 4:44.

Today I set out at 4:10 AM to run 20K and was rather dismayed to find that I was feeling well below parr. I just couldn't get going. I even got lost this morning. I headed into new territory, in the dark, and some thoughtful individual had changed a street sign and I end up in the the back streets somewhere. I eventually wound my way to familiar territory. I still couldn't get moving though. I did make 20K but at an average pace of 5:18.

6 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Not to worry Eddie just put it down as a "midweek crisis" you'll come good again, soon.

Tesso said...

I'm going to start sounding like a broken record but it was awfully humid again this morning. No doubt that has a lot to do with how you were feeling.

We were talking about it after our run and wondering if they will ban running in this weather as we end up drinking more than our quota of water!

Horrie said...

Don't worry too much Eddie. Remember, you have been sick and had a great run on Sunday. Just stick with the program and have confidence in the training you have done. It will get you the result you are looking for in Canberra.

Clairie said...

This isn't a setback. Just a friendly reminder that you ARE human and at the top of your training load.

It is all downhill from this weekend.

Best of luck with it Eddie. I know I will be cheering for you.
x

Ewen said...

You'll come good Eddie. Don't worry. Look after your nutrition and sleep needs.

Imagine you're running like Ryan on your next fast run! I agree with you about that bit. Watching it, I could see there was a hill coming up and he sailed straight over it like it was dead flat! Seems like a nice guy from the post race interview.

Toasty said...

To reinforce what has already been said. Fatigue is normal at this stage of training.