06 March, 2007

Now the Easy Week is Over

During the easy week I felt terrible and didn't feel like I was recovering at all. It hasn't helped that the high humidity has returned with a vengence. My 20K on Sunday ended up being 22K because of some scare in the City Botanical Gardens. It was a very slow run and I felt disappointed because before the run I had visions of doing some spectacular time.

Yesterday my 12K easy was again slow....1:03:57. That's OK, it was ment to be slow. Last week I was dreading getting back into the intensive training again. So this morning I was really surprised to have felt so good after my run. Today's program called for 12K including 4 x 4 min at Anaerobic Threshold with a 2 min slow jog between. My 4 x4's averaged about 4:15 and I finished the 12K in 57:45. Maybe I recovered better than I thought.

6 comments:

Peterhorse said...

Even though you haven't felt great, there's no doubt the body would have appreciated it.
Betcha you fire up big time this week, especially if it cools off (fingers crossed).

Tesso said...

I know there was a body found in the Gardens on Saturday :-( But don't know what the scare in the Gardens was on Sunday? Maybe it was Radar's water station for the women's run, all those guys dressed in tutus would frighten the life out of anyone :-)

Glad you're feeling fast again!

Ewen said...

Maybe Susan should rename them - Very Easy Week for 'Easy' and Normal Week for 'Hard'?

Nice pace for the AT runs Eddie. Hope the rest fo the week goes well :)

Robert Song said...

With a full three week taper, you will be jumping out of your skin.

Not long to go now.

And make sure you get to the start line. I don't want to be there by myself!

Toasty said...

It really gets tough mentally for the next few weeks. Feel strong and feel good .... fight fatigue and stick to the program .... almost there.

Samurai Running said...

Hi Eddie

Thanks for the message. I read your blog from time to time, sorry I haven't made contact sooner.

You wrote in January of this year
"My Marathon PB is 3:18:40..Sydney 2004. If I can better that in Canberra I willbe happy."

Is that still the plan? Fantastic if it is. I'll be following your run up to Canberra with interest.