17 March, 2007

Feeling Desperate

I have hardly run at all this last week. 12K on Monday and 12K on Thursday. I ended up taking Friday off work..a very rare thing for me...to see if I could hit this bug for six. I am feeling much better today. I am getting desperate to get out and feeling anxious about the setback to my training program.

I had a call from my running buddy, Tegwen, this morning to find out wheter I wanted to start earlier than the planned 5:00AM for the 30K tomorrow. Due to the forecast high temperatures we decided a 4:45 AM would be good. We are just doing 15 out and back along the river. That should take us from Park Road to about 1K along Kingsford Smith Drive past the Breakfast Creek bridge. This is all flat, something we opted for after last week's 24 hills.

4 comments:

Toasty said...

and????? how did it go? .... i thought it was nice out today, far less humid

Ewen said...

Hope it went well Eddie. With some luck the bug might have baulked at the early start and stayed at home.

Robert Song said...

I wouldn't be too worried about your training last week. You really wouldn't have lost any fitness and and it would have given your legs a chance to be really freshen up for those last couple of weeks of quality training.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the support Eddie. Don't stress too much about the downtime, I know it feels like a long time, but in reality its not. You may be surprised how good it is for you.