12 February, 2006

Stuffed Eddie

Man oh man! 32K this morning in 2:50. My legs are feeling a bit tired. I really feel it after sitting for a while. When we started out at 5 this morning the rain was bucketing down but it soon stopped and then turned into a sauna.

I did 16K from Park Road along the river to Brett's Wharf and followed the same route back. Because I was running with others until Breakfast Creek my outward leg took 1:30 but coming back on my own took me 1:20. My average pace for the whole run was 5:15 per K. It was good to get the longer run in at last. Next week I would like to go a bit further.

I hope the 10 Mile Club Championships went well at West End.

4 comments:

Robert Song said...

After my run today, I think I know how you feel Eddie. I'm not enjoying go up and down the staircase.

Back in 5 min/K was a good effort.

Clairie said...

Thats a great effort Eddie and good pace for a long run - especially the longest one you have done in ages.

Sorry to not see your smiling face at BRRC this morning but I guess I understand you were a bit afraid I'd beat you...... *grins*

Canberra is gonna be sooo much fun!

Tesso said...

Weel done Eddie. Not surprised the legs are a tad tired. And a nice negative split there .... maybe you can do something similar in Canberra :-)

Horrie said...

I'm not surprised you're feeling stuffed Eddie. 32km in 2:50 is nothing to sneeze at. Things are building nicely for Canberra. It's great to see.