05 December, 2004

Sunday 5/12/2004

A beautiful day for running today. I met some running buddies at Park Road, Milton at 5:30 AM. I love running with these people. We set off along the Brisbane River, through the City to NewFarm, and on towards Newstead. After an hour and 7 mins I left them to continue on to complete the 18K circuit back to Park Road while I went back the way we had come so that I could clock up my 2 hours as per Pat Carroll's training program for me.

I picked up the pace on the way back and completed the same route in 1 Hr and was feeling pretty good on my arrival back at Park Road where I was able to enjoy a cup of coffee with my friends.

According to my Garmin Forerunner 201 I covered 24.6 K's. On the return run I had the pleasure of catching up with Keith Chaston at New Farm. We ran together to the Goodwill Bridge where Keith left me to continue on to his home at Moorooka. Keith covers a lot of K's each week. He is the newly elected President of the Brisbane Road Runners Club.

No comments: