16 January, 2005

Sunday 16/1/2005

The heat and humidity are back with a vengeance. I ran with the Brisbane Road Runners at West End this morning. I was feeling pretty good when I started out and did the first 7 in just of over 30 min and was a bit surprised and wasn't sure I could maintain the pace. I managed to hang in there and finish in 1:00:53. I have to check my records, which are at work, to confirm whether or not it is a PB. I am fairly certain it is. According to my Forerunner 201 the course was 14.2k and I averaged 4:17 .

Tesso had a friend in tow this morning. Kay (I think) form Sydney Striders. It was great to have a Strider at our club run.

6 comments:

Horrie said...

Gees Eddie, you certainly ate your Weet Bix this morning. A 14km training run in an hour at 4:17 pace. I see that Fast Eddie is making a comeback. Glad to see you've turned the corner. Speaking to Plu this morning and he tells me that he was struggling to keep up with you when you ran together as you upped the pace slightly in the last couple of kms. Hope it keeps going well for you.

Unknown said...

Wow, Eddie! You're running well!
Are you doing Canberra ultra in April? Hope so! LL

Tesso said...

Fantastic run Eddie, considering it was a tad humid out there.

Our visiting Strider is Jennie. She walked away a very happy girl having posted a 14k PB (almost 7 mins off her best!) and winning a t-shirt in the random draw prizes.

Tesso said...

Fantastic run Eddie, especially considering it was a tad humid out there.

Our visiting Strider is Jennie. She walked away a very happy girl having posted a 14k PB (almost 7 minutes off her previous best!) and winning a t-shirt in the random prize draw.

Clairie said...

Eddie you're scaring me! So fast. Are you hoping to win the Canberra marathon????

Superflake said...

Congratulations on the fast time Eddie. And in humid conditions. Looking good for Canberra.