19 January, 2005

Wednesday 19/1/2005

Happy Birthday to me. Happy Birthday to me-ee. Happy birthday to me. 53 today and a beautiful day it is too. 53 years of countless blessing to celebrate today. The alarm went off at 4:15 to start my day with a run. Robyn, my wife (we've been married 34 years), had left a birthday card for me and I'd like to share the verse with you:

Sometimes I stop and think about what we've been through together - the good, the bad, and everything inbetween. And I realise that there's no one I'd rather share my life with than you.

Isn't that beautiful. You know, I'm surrounded by georgous women like Tesso and Clairie, and I regularly fall head over heels, but only one of them has known me and loved me, warts and all - Robyn is a special lady and believe me, she is georgous.

I floated round my 15.7k circuit in 77:56 thinking how loved and blessed I am.

4 comments:

Tesso said...

Happy Birthday Eddie!!!!

Wow, what a fantastic birthday its been already. A long run and that lovely card from Robyn ... sigh ....

Hope the rest of your day is just as good. See ya at "Ian's" in the morn.

Horrie said...

Happy birthday Eddie. You are very lucky to have someone to share your life for that long. Have a great day.

Clairie said...

Happy Birthday Eddie.

Hope you have a great night. Such a wonderful person you are and I am sure after 34yrs your wife knows best when she chose that card. You are very very lucky indeed. Reminds me to go home and tell my husband that I consider myself so lucky too with him and all my great running buddies.

See you in the morning if you don't sleep in from a late night...hee hee

Superflake said...

Happy Birthday Eddie.
Hope you had a great day. Been busy the last few days so just saw your blog Friday. Lovely card from your wife.