30 January, 2005

Sunday 30/1/2005

I managed to get to West End at 5:00 this morning and do 10k (in 50:00) before the start of the 15k race. I started out in the race taking it pretty easy and tried to keep a nice steady pace. I did the first 10 k in 47:00 and finished the 15k in 1:10. That gve me 25k in 2 hours and my training program called for 2:30. I set out again to do another 5k circuit after the race but at 2k only just made it to the pit stop - a very close call. After that I said that's enough, no more today.

Tomorrow I will rest and hope that I'm ready for the 3k Time Trial on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Horrie said...

Good effort today. It sounds like you made the right decision to pull the pin when you did. A 10km warmup followed by a 15km race sounds about right. The 2km warmdown was enough. Because of the greater intensity in your run today, you can allow for not running for the full 2.5 hours. Good luck with your 3km TT on Tuesday. I think you are looking good for a PB with that solid recent form behind you.