23 January, 2005

Sunday 23/1/2005

When I stepped out the door at 4:30 this morning it was like stepping into a sauna. The humidity is unbelieveable. I got to Park Road with the intention of running to and around Mt Coot-tha. I am so glad I didn't. I don't think I would have made it back. My program called for a 2:30 run today. I ended up sticking as close as possible to the river and managed to get to Hamilton and turned round at 1:15 and followed the same route back. I got back to Park Road in 2:30 having covered 30k - average 5min K's. I was absolutely stuffed and so relieved to have made it back.

3 comments:

Horrie said...

Thats great Eddie! Running 30km in 2.5 hours in what sounded like pretty tough conditions. Did you get any rain? We got stormed on during our long run this morning. It certainly help ease the problem with humidity.

Unknown said...

Eddie, you're no slacker either! The one thing that 'kills' me is humidity; just not used to it here in the Southern Highlands & I always 'die' when I run in Sydney; this Wednesday, Australia Day 8km, will probably be another of those days. I feel OK after the 34km except for horribly aching knees....it took me nearly 5 hours to do the run, so no wonder! God, I'm slow!! LL

Clairie said...

Hi Eddie,

I think yesterday was one of the most humid day's we have had in the past couple months. Very still.
I went up to Mt Nebo for breaky and even the trees there were still - no wind. Glad I did my long run on Sat morning now. :)