25 January, 2005

Tuesday 25/1/2005

Speed training today was hard going. After my big run on Sunday my legs really took some persuading to get moving. Once again the humidity didn't help, but enough of the excuses. I like to promise not to mention the humidity again, however, I know it's promise I wouldn't be able to keep. So I'll always be whinging about it. I rarely whinged about it before I took up running.

Our training this morning consisted of a long warm up and 15 mins of 1 min fast 1 min slow recovery, 30 secs fast 30 sec recovery then 2 X 15 secs fast and recovery.

1 comment:

Clairie said...

Eddie, I feel like I am always whining about the weather too. I prefer the heat (as opposed to the cold winter) and don't mind sweating but the humidity can really make a dent in your performance so I think it is important to mention.

This morning was very humid. The skies opened up just after we finished so it obviously was close to 100% when we were out there.

After the last sprint to the finish I found it hard to get air into my lungs and felt suffocating, very much the weather affecting my run/recovery ability.

But having said all that I think it makes us better runners in the long run. Certainly will be able to tackle Canberra after our 'humidity training' this summer!