02 January, 2005

Sunday 2/01/2005

It's already 2/1/2005. How the year is flying! The Canberra Marathon will be upon us in no time.

I ran with friends from Park Road this morning, starting at 5:00 AM. We covered 25.9 K in 2:16 and ran via the Goodwill Bridge, Stones Corner, Story Bridge, New Farm, James Street, Fortitude Valley, City Gardens and back to Park Road. The conditions were pretty good. By 7:00 AM the heat was intensifying. As I was nearing the finish I passed a group of my fellow runners from Pat Carroll's group who were just heading out, probably from the Regatta. I was glad I was finishing not just starting.

I was disappointed not to be able to go to the Gold Coast to run with Plu. I had family commitments at home so had to be home early. I may have an opportunity to catch up with Plu on Friday when he is coming up to Brisbane.

No comments: