26 January, 2005

Wednesday 26/1/2005 Australia Day

Went for a bit of a toddle this morning. Met a group of friends at Park Road at 5:00 AM and headed out to the Uni of Qld and on to Indooroopilly. We covered 17.3 K in 1:33. As I said a bit of a toddle. It was "time on legs". It all helps. It is an overcast day today, I felt good all the way, I had pleasant company, and coffee afterwards - so it all added up to an enjoyable run. A great way to start Australia Day 2005.

I almost forgot to mention! On our way back we saw Clairie and Celtic with some of their Regatta running friends standing outside the Regatta. I think they were waiting for opening time so they could start celebrating Australia Day.

1 comment:

Clairie said...

I wish we were waiting for the pub to open!
Actually we were waiting for Tesso but her work never let her out! Caught up with her for breaky though.

You looked in good form. Toddling must be good for you.

We only really ran so we could finish and have a big aussie breaky at the pub. Did I mention that hubby was with us as well? He ran with Pats wife/partner at a slower pace whilst we took off.

IT's amazing what great friends and people you meet through running. I saw so many familiar faces out there yesterday....