19 March, 2005

Saturday 19/03/2005

7.6k in 41:00, average 5:23 per k. I decided to do a short run in prep for the long one tomorrow.
My long run last Sunday sure seemed to take it out of me. I will take tomorrows run a bit easier. I need to relax and not be driven by anxiety.
I fear I have not learnt Horrie's lesson. I am letting finishing times and speed take the enjoyment out of the run. I think if Horrie can recover and run and enjoy the 6' as he did then I can do it for Canberra. I will go back and read Horrie's Blog between his 10k shocker and the 6' and see what I can glean.

1 comment:

Horrie said...

Thanks for your kind words Eddie. You're absolutely right about worrying about the pace of your training runs. The important thing is to feel comfortable along the way. There is no doubt you have the speed. Don't worry about that, it won't leave you if you decide to back off a little in training. The important thing with only 3 weeks to go to Canberra is to get your mind and body right. Then just go out on April 10 and enjoy yourself. I'm sure you will do well.