02 March, 2005

Wednesday 2/3/2005

Before I started out this morning I was going though various ideas about where to run and how much etc. When I got out side the gate I decided to set off on my usual Wednesday 15.7K run. I wasn't doing very well and feeling a bit dispondent until the about 4k when another runner loomed out of the dark, coming the other way. I rarely see other runners when I run from home, so it nice surprise to see someone else out there. The reason I mention this is that it gave me a real lift - it spurred me on. I started to think a bit more clearly about what I was doing and what would be best for me today.

I made the decision to cut my 15.7k circuit short and revert to my old 12K circuit. This seemed to lift a load off my shoulders because, physically, I didn't think my 15.7 circuit was the best thing for me at this time. I finished the 12k in 58:03 and felt quite elated. Now at 10:30am I am still feeling good and I am not hobbling when I get up to walk so I must have made the right decision.

If you been able to figure out what the hell you have just read then you are doing well.

1 comment:

Horrie said...

Once again you have made a wise choice Eddie. It's great to see you listening to your body and not just sticking rigidly to the program. What's a couple of kms in the grand scheme of things anyway? Better to cut it short today so you can be that much fresher for Pat's session tomorrow. And most importantly, it gave you a psychological lift when you needed one. Well done!