31 March, 2005

Thursday 31/3/2005

I didn't dare not turn up at Training today (note I left out Speed). I am overwhelmed by the encouragement and support I have received and since a lot of that comes from my running buddies in Pat's group.......what could I do? No, truly, I would miss them too much.

So, this morning, even Clairie was way out ahead of me and she reckoned she was having a bad day. I did 3 X 2K efforts at 4:15 pace with 1:30 standing recovery.

It was a great morning and I am really glad I went along. We have a good time. I am happy to just soak up the atmosphere the group generates.

3 comments:

Clairie said...

Was so excited to see you there Eddie. It is not the same when one of us is absent.

Plus who are Tess and I going to tease if you aren't there???

I could hear you right on my heels and thought "man he's not even doing speed today and I can't keep ahead". I was so tired but as always - still glad I went. I think you have to have a few bad sessions to make the goods ones feel better!

Horrie said...

Good to hear you joining in with the group again Eddie. You are well respected in this running community and they will help you overcome the problems you are having at the moment. They will also help bring joy back to your running. Remember, that's why we started running in the first place.

Unknown said...

Oh Eddie, what a lovely comment you've left on my blog!

Like you, I feel that I've had the support of good friends via our blogs all along the way to Canberra. Amongst them I've valued your encouragement especially & as you also said, Chickybabe's blog will continue after Canberra. I value the friends, made here, too much to let them get away so easily!
We're indeed very lucky, don't you think, to be part of such a bonding?